Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Secrets of Growing Things



The Secrets of Growing Things
48"x24"
acrylic on canvas


This image began, over a year ago, with a photograph I asked someone to take of me.

I guess it is more correct to say it began with the idea to pose this way, with my head down, hands open, sitting cross-legged...

For months, I had the photo, but no idea what to do with it. Eventually, I made a really rough sketch; there was more to it than that, but I didn't know what. I put the photo and sketch aside, not sure if or when I'd return to it.

I'm still not sure when I did and what compelled me to do so.

It took more time for each of the parts of this painting to come to me, from dreams and stray thoughts, from everywhere and nowhere...a friend of mine brought up an interesting point, that over time I have grown the idea of this painting, and that, in and of itself, is another secret of growing things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment