Monday, July 11, 2011

Revisiting Collage

Collage is a medium I gravitate to every now and again, mostly when I look at magazines and decorative papers and even bits of typography and see things I imagine could be used elsewhere, in a different story. Yesterday afternoon, I began looking, inspired by collages I saw on Black Art in America...and I found quite a bit.


A friend of mine asked me to explain the criteria I use to pick what I cut out, and the simple answer is that I choose shapes and colors that catch my eye. There are a lot of images that are common to my work, such trees, women and girls, and urban imagery. There is a bit of deep orange, a gilded picture frame, a few doors, some blue from a sky...and I have no idea how or when or even if it will all come together.

Let's see what happens, shall we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment